IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

THE FAMOUS OR INFAMOUS BLACK BALL CAP

 


Link: THE MAKING OF DADDY SCRUFF

It has become my trademark. I have been wearing ball caps ever since my dad bought me my first cap that came with a matching sweat suit as a very young kid. 


The outfit was a dark blue sweat suit and the cap had my name engraved on it.  He was a military man and would travel all over for weeks; sometimes two to three months at a time. 


My mother never wanted us moving around.  We would stay home while he went oversees.  He would bring us back some of the coolest things as kids.  One of my favorite souvenirs was that outfit. 

 

As I got older of course, the whole outfit became out dated and I grew out of it.  But everyone knew me from that cap with my name engraved.


Through the years I would have many caps and various hats.  I have had caps with many colors and designs.  But the one that always stuck with me was my basic black one with no designs on it.


That look has always been my signature Daddy persona.  It literally takes on a life of its own depending what I wear it with and how I wear it. 


And yes there is a science to wearing the Daddy cap.


How low I wear it depends on how dominant I feel at the time.


Even at the leather bars and kink events, it is usually worn pretty low; not because I don't want to be seen.  I do this as an invitation to those I want in and a warning to those I want to keep out.


The cap has been a great tool for having a sense of anonymity when I shoot.  


As many who know me would attest, I am very low key.  Though I am pretty active throughout the internet; at the end of the day I like my privacy and I like being in my solitude with my partner.  The cap provides that.  At least it did.

Lately, when I go to the grocery store, if I wear my cap even as plain ole mild mannered Mark, There are two guys that look at me as if they have seen a ghost.  


Even when I went to L.A. there were at least two guys that was staring me down as if they were really trying figure out who I am. 


Is it all in my head?


I am not very convinced about that. 


Checking my analytics I've noticed activity in the general area that I was staying. 


Again: It could be my imagination running wild. However, I will only know if someone comes up to me and says,"Hey aren't you....."


Wether I have been noticed or not, it has definitely marked my suspicions about some of the guys I wondered about. 


My gaydar has been pretty on point over the years. Time has revealed some of the hardest dudes, Vatos, homies, rednecks and "straight" men to be some of the best bottoms. So I know if my gaydar is on point; it is only a matter of time when someone comes up and ask me point blank.


When or if it happens: I guess the shit eating grin will reveal all they need to know.



2 comments: