IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

MYSTERY

 There is something to be said about mystery. Most people find others more interesting when there is not much on that person.  


Everyone is curious to find out what makes a special person tick. 


That is what makes BDSM so interesting for so many.


It can be dark. It can be mysterious. It can be a little scary.


But that desire to understand more opens up opportunities to so many possibilities.


That is in the act of BDSM play alone.


And then there is the vetting stage; the actual getting to know your potential partner or peeling back the layers.


It is very easy for someone I’ve played with or even followers on social media to easily lose interest once I have peeled back the many layers to reveal the true presence underneath.


Once they discover that the great Oz is a somewhat insecure guy with a pot belly behind a curtain, some tend to slowly wane in their interests.


The difference between the Scruff Wizard and the Wizard of Oz is I have always opened the curtain for you to see. At least as open as I have chosen. 

I have decided to peel back the layers because growing in my knowledge in being a Daddy I couldn’t help to feel the burden of imposter syndrome. The feeling that I am undeniably and utterly a fraud.

Many of my feelings manifested from comparing myself to other Doms that just always seemed to have it together no matter what. Not ever realizing that is what society and the “norm” says it is supposed to be like.

I needed to know that I wasn’t the only one who sometimes fucked up. I needed to hear that I didn’t have to be the ever mighty superior with a dick the swung from my groin to below my knees. I also need to see that there were other Doms with my body type and my color skin and race that could be worthy of praise. (And although there were some there) I didn’t see that.


And so I put me out there. 


I put me out there not only because writing is my love, but because I know there are others like me that has gone or is going through similar experiences and they need to know that they are not alone and they don’t have to be perfect to take on a dominate role.


6 comments:

  1. There is something to be said about individualism. We should be different in some ways, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness! Do I ever ! I it is our unique ways of thinking, dressing, style, body types and personalities that makes us so unique !

      Delete
  2. We are all such complex beings. We wear so many different faces for different people. It's often easy to get lost in all those different personas. Very few in my lifetime have ever been allowed to see what is behind that curtain. Most people can't be bothered to attempt to find out. You'd probably say that's a rather pessimistic outlook on life. I just call it being a realist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness ! It is like we are looking through the same eyes!

      I don't see pessimism, I see someone who
      sees people and the world the way it is. The good the bad and indifferent.

      Delete