IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

CONNECTION

September 19, 2023

 I decided after having so many issues with my cell connection, it was time to get a landline.  

After a few minutes of going through automation I got in contact with someone.

The person sounded like a young male with an Asian accent. 

"Welcome to (fill in whatever phone company )how may I help you?"

I let him know that I was interested in getting a land line.

Of course every operator has a script with some selling point.

"So who is your internet provider?"

"I'm very happy with my internet.  I just need a landline."

He continued with his script, "Have you heard of the new...... (insert whatever new phone)

"Actually I have. I hate those phones!"

He laughs.

I told him we got a new version of our flip phones.

That was the turning point of our conversation. He actually talked about his distain for one of the big name companies which sparked a tirade of shitting on various brands and companies with their shady tactics. He kept it real. The more I talked with this guy the more I really enjoyed his vibe. 

We somehow started talking about the various music subscriptions and how much of a rip off they are. 

He asked me about the type of music I listened to and he shared his interest. It was like chatting with a familiar friend. We actually spent 30 minutes on the phone talking about our favorite singers and just taking in general. 

I then interrupted,"If you can hold one moment, I just want to make...."

He then interrupted me, "Oh my gosh! No, no! I'm supposed to transfer you. I'm so sorry sir!"

"Oh no! That's okay!"

"Im going to transfer you right now."

"Okay."

I had to let him know how much I enjoyed chatting with him.

"You know, I just want to say I really really appreciate your help I know we went off on a totally different topic but I had a great topic talking to you.  I wish more people had your customer service skills like you. Honestly."

He replied, "You know of all the customers, you are the nicest customer I've talked today. And somehow I'm still in a positive energy, like nobody can get me down. Of all of the complaints and people want to report me I'm still in a good mood."

"Well, thank you for the conversation," I replied .

"Alright. I'm going to transfer you now sir."

"Alright you have a good day."

He replied,"You too sir, enjoy the rest of your day.

As small as it may seem; this is exactly what I needed to complete my day.

No matter how big or how small, it is connection that makes it all worth while. 





2 comments:

  1. This exchange was almost unbelievable from the experiences I have had or heard about. To actually find a real person.....astounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is crazy. I know. It is sad for the customer and the employees that humans are being replaced by automation. I remember as early as 90s thinking "can you ever get a human anymore?" Today It is damn near impossible. It really was a pleasant encounter. By the way It is so stupid that most places makes you bundle internet with your landline. That is totally useless if you already have a provider. All these bundles for everything drives me mad. Just sell me the damn product ! lol

      Delete