Wednesday, July 31, 2024

BACK

July 31, 2024
    Wednesday

 

 I went to  Southern Cali to spend some time with family that was visiting my dad.  I had a great time. My dad seems to be in good spirits.  He is still stubborn and the relationship between his sometimes girl friend sometimes roommate is fucking weird but hey, that's all him. 

My sister got some papers written up for him to sign and we really talked to him about getting proper exercise opposed to sitting in his one spot all day.  It was good to see him up and walking around. It is still somewhat surreal seeing the active man that I am used to; struggling to walk from the kitchen to the couch but it is what it is.

There are things that I can't do that I used to. I am sure someone is looking at me and saying,"Damn! You don't (fill in the blank) like you used to.  We are all changing.  It doesn't change the difficulty of witnessing it before my eyes, however.

First thing I did when I got home was give my husband a kiss and assured him I am so very glad to be home.  

I will take my domestic chaos over my dad's relationship chaos any day.  Talking about a toxic relationship!  But some people just like crazy so...🤷🏽

But yeah.

I'm glad to be home.  I'm ready to get back to writing and posting and doing my thing.

2 comments:

  1. Always good to go back for a visit but even better when you return to your home and can leave all that behind. Sounds like things are somewhat settled now. Hopefully you can keep your necessary involvement to a minimum for your own piece of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully Things will remain steady. I do plan on going down to S. Cali maybe next month. I am going to try to go as often as possible before the rainy season. those 6.5 hour drives from N. Cali to S. Cali is kinda annoying but I will do them as much as possible.

      Delete

Please Read

All writings and photographs were created by Mark Greene A. K. A. Daddy Scruff and are protected by copyright unless otherwise noted. Do not use any images without consent. All men photographed were of legal age.(18+ in CA) All men appearing on this blog has given their full consent to allow Mark Greene to use their images for this blog.