IMAGE OF THE DAY

IMAGE OF THE DAY

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

TODAY'S PICK : TEAROOM EXTRA CREDIT


It has been an extraordinary week last week. Someone I know underwent an extremely long and demanding surgery. 

I’ve always been general about anyone's health just because as a professional caregiver myself, I take personal privacy very seriously.  Honestly, it is often hard to differentiate between sharing too much information for the sake of blogging / entertainment, and personal therapy journaling. But here it is:

After years and mean years of denial, this person had to have brain surgery to remove the tumor that was basically crushing the left side of this person's brain. 

Needless to say it was very crucial that they had this surgery or be put on hospice and wait to die. 

Fortunately the surgery was a success but there is still a long way to go. They are out of ICU and making recovery. This person is being very cantankerous when it comes to care and future plans for rehab.

And then there are other factors at play such as family drama, Power Of Attorney, and their financial disaster that my sister and I have to deal with. 

Today is the first day I took a break and allowed myself to breathe. 

Just for the record my sister is a wizard when it comes to legal affairs and the processes it takes to get things accomplished correctly.  I know so many people who have to do it on their own because either no one is there or no one even has the decency to care to get involved. 

This is the caveat:

She has a lot going on with her business, she is barely making it above water, she is extremely emotional and often times she can be a bully when things aren't done her way.  

Oh, and she often makes rash decisions when she's emotional. She's already got into a big argument with this person about their plan of future care.  This person said some pretty harsh words in their state of anger that sparked her to declare being totally done with the situation leaving everything to me.

Thank goodness for the nurse reminding her this person just had major surgery on the brain.  The nurse also informed her that they had no memory of what took place and not to take what was exchanged personally.  The exact thing that I told her, but of course it took a professional doctor to remind her of this delicate state.

So, I am online doing research on what the next step will be.  She's back on.  I suggested since she's the brains, I would be the footwork.  She has also made me the one that makes the finale decisions as well as the mouthpiece to communicate with this person. So far this seems to be the smoothest route for us.  I'm still learning and doing my research just because, well...🤷🏽‍♂️

Yesterday I decided to take my laundry to the laundromat to dry since our dryer hasn’t been working for weeks and maintenance at the apartment complex is taking their own sweet time in getting it fixed. 

While waiting for the clothes to dry, I decided to open the book that I purchased from Amazon.

Dirty Dorms and Fresh Men is a compilation of stories from various writers. Today’s pick comes from J.W. Steed called Tearoom Extra Credit from the Sleazy A series of stories.

For the first time in quite a while I was able to drift into a story.  I was that fly on the wall watching as a young; Dare I say, Baby Steed was taught a great lesson from a very commanding professor only to be assigned extra credit. 

Tearoom Extra Credit is just what I needed to get me out of this funk and into the bathroom stall with Wick and the sexy professor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Read

All writings and photographs were created by Mark Greene A. K. A. Daddy Scruff and are protected by copyright unless otherwise noted. Do not use any images without consent. All men photographed were of legal age.(18+ in CA) All men appearing on this blog has given their full consent to allow Mark Greene to use their images for this blog.