IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

BETTER BLOGGER


This last weekend, January 6th, marks a year since my two day play date with Sub Zero.  He was in town Saturday and we made plans to meet up and play.  We had a blast of course.  I will definitely be writing about it; however, it got me to thinking about my writing process and my capacity for being focused to the completion of various projects.


A year has gone and past and there is still material from my first session with him to write about. 


A few months ago, I was mentioning to DADDY from Going Deeper (Inside Strange Men) how often I feel it is better to take his informational as well as extraordinarily hot posts in intervals to get the most out of it.  I've learned this is something that helps me; as I often find myself getting antsy and my mind starts to wander on physical tasks I've been planning to do.  Taking a break and getting some of that physical energy out helps me to stay focused on my mental energy when I do get back to reading.  


This is something I often do when I write as well.


A few factors are when I have thirteen other drafts as well as well as about 90 plus posts from my previous blog to sort through.  It's not as though it would be as simple as scheduling all the old posts from the other blog while I work on the one's in my drafts because I also have life happening as we speak which I write about in my paper journal or record in my voice memo.
Click here to continue reading.
⬇️


And then there is the fact that this blog is somewhat a hybrid of sharing with an audience my writing, my thoughts and artistic expression as well as a therapeutic journal for me to deal with and sometimes leave behind the bullshit of work and life.  It is also my call to other men (and possibly women?) like myself who may be experiencing some of the same things I have gone through.  So I don't want to post too much at one time lest some possible valuables get lost in the abundance of posting.


It is really about balance. 


One thing Daddy mentioned in his reply, "I have seriously considered writing multiple posts for some evenings, because a lot can happen in the course of a single night......But it gets overwhelming in terms of time.  Cramming it all into one omnibus entry at least gets it down and lets me move on to the next thing.  I feel like if I let each encounter or each person blow up to be a full on entry on its own, it might lead to me not getting
them all written up....."


That is pretty much where I am.  


This year I am really going to work on writing the full story and if I do break them up in chapters; my plan is to do it within the same time frame of the post (within a week or two of posting.)


Maybe in doing it that way it will free up more time for me to focus on what my next posts will be.


Either way I am looking forward to learning how to being a better blogger.






2 comments:

  1. Blogging is not as easy as some folks think it is. In the end, all a blogger can do is all a blogger can do. Don't beat yourself up. Do what you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete