IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

Sunday, January 28, 2024

COCOA

I have knocked on many doors of halls
I have even had my hall doors knock on

But nothing compares to the day 
You opened your door
And let me in

That was the day you brought me from the cold
You warmed hot cocoa 
And let me drink from your cup

I could feel the warmness 
As it ran down the back of my throat

Never before have I tasted 
Perfection of such magnitude 

You shared your cocoa as I dipped deeper 
To the very last drop

You quivered as my spoon scrapped the bottom

From that day forward your name was cocoa
And I have never knocked on the door of another

4 comments:

  1. Never will I think of hot cocoa in the same way again. I can almost feel the heat coursing through my body with a sensation I have never truly known. May I knock on your door?

    ReplyDelete