IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

IMAGE OF THE DAY: LEATHER CIRCA 2014

Friday, July 28, 2023

SON

Culturally growing up, I always addressed my elders as Sir or Ma’am.  Even to this day until they say, “Stop calling me that.”

Likewise it was not uncommon for those older and wiser to address the younger generation as “son.”

From my grand parents to my great uncles and aunts to the lady down the street.  It was just what took place when an elder interacted with the younger adults.  It was endearing and nurturing for both to experience.

When I address any sub as “son” it is meant in the same regard as the dynamic of Teacher / student.  Or that expectation of exchange of respect given and nurturing received in that Teacher / student dynamic I was raised in. 

Although in a role play type of fashion; “Son” is in no way meant to take on an incestuous meaning.  It is not the perception I chose to project, however I also don’t feel it is anyone’s place to shame anyone who chooses to use it in that manner during role play. 

We all have something that may or may not be another’s thing. 

What it comes down to is having fun in our own unique ways.

2 comments:

  1. A cross-generational connection is vital. I learned it with family--and I try to pass it on to the young men who 'get it' and want it from me.

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete